Only 4 radiation treatments left. We met with Dr. Rose, the radiation oncologist, this morning. He says whatever the results we cannot do any more radiation for fear of permanent damage to healthy tissues. So this is it. Win, lose or draw, the results will be known next week.
I feel a difference. Things have definitely changed down there. Whether there is enough change to allow a surgeon to get at it, we will find out in the next week or so.
Our appointment with the surgeon was delayed but we will meet him tomorrow morning to explore possibilities. Dr. Rose says he’ll likely need a new CT or MRI along with another colonoscopy to make a final decision. It all depends on how effective the radiation has been.
Whatever we find out tomorrow, we need lots of positive thoughts and fingers crossed for the final 4 radiation treatments.
No smart-ass remarks today.